Monday, November 7, 2011

Update.

It has been a very productive season for me. These last 5 months have been a challenge for me, mentally and artistically. I have had new opportunities come my way, and some have even disappeared. In the midst of all of this, I have been pushing myself to work harder as an artist; to go outside the box and try new things. Experiment with different things that affect my art - or even examine the process by which I follow to even change it and do things differently so that the final piece is a completely different one from other things I do. One project that has really motivated me to do this is the project that I have collaborated on with Mark Melnykowycz/American Peyote.

I have made everything ranging from Trip-Hop, regular Hip-Hop, Techno, and Experimental Electronica as far as the soundtrack is concerned. The process I go through to make these songs is interesting. It is always evolving, but changing. I never do the same thing twice. As far as production goes, I tend to start at different places when I am writing a song. I usually come up with the rhythm breakdown first, followed by the intro, then the ending. Then I go through and add the main motifs and themes that the song carries, which ends up forming a foundation for the next song. However, as I said before, the creative process I follow ends up changing constantly, so it's hard to put it in a nutshell. 

With this project, the imagery Mark has provided via his blog, Instagram (@americanpeyote), and Twitter usually serves as inspiration for me and my work. He has been an incredible inspiration to me, and I am eager to see how this video series turns out. I'm honored that I can be apart of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment